Terms & Conditions for entry into the
Mardleybury Gallery 'The Stone Prize Award' International Competition UK 2019
1. The promoter is: Mardleybury Gallery whose registered office is at Unit 3C, Mardleybury Farm, Mardleybury Road, Datchworth, Hertfordshire. SG3 6SG.
2. Employees of Mardleybury Gallery or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition. Family, students, colleagues nor friends of any judges shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. The entry fee is £25 for up to three entries.
4. Route to entry for the competition:
5. Closing date for entry will be 30 June 2019 After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition can be found here: https://www.mardleyburygallery.co.uk/stone-award-competition-rules
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
11. Winners will be chosen: panel of judges appointed by Mardleybury Gallery.
12. The winner will be notified by email on 31 July 2019 . If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. Mardleybury Gallery will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
14. Mardleybury Gallery’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner’s name will be available after 31 July 2019 by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Unit 3C, Mardleybury Farm, Mardleybury Road, Datchworth, Hertfordshire. SG3 6SG.
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Mardleybury Gallery and not to any other party.
21. In the event artists reach the 1st stage of the contest, the artist will be responsible for covering the costs of postage, packaging and insurance when sending the work to Mardleybury Gallery and cover the same costs for the returning of the artwork if needed.
22. The three prize winners chosen during the 2nd and final stage of the judging will be notified by email by 31 July 2019. All artists who had reached the the 2nd stage of judging and were not successful will receive an email on 31 July 2019 asking them to contact the Gallery arrange the return of all artwork.
23. All artists winning a prize to exhibit at Mardleybury Gallery will be responsible for the cost of carriage of artwork to and from the gallery.
24. During the time the artwork is stored at Mardleybury Gallery it will be covered by the insurance in place at the gallery.
25.All artists entering into this competition must be over 18 or have their parents permission to enter the contest. Winners will be asked to provide evidence of this prior any prizes being awarded.
26. All artworks must have been created within two years prior to submission into the contest.
27. Winning artists will be responsible for covering the costs of postage, packaging and insurance when sending the work to Mardleybury Gallery and cover the same costs for the returning of the artwork if needed throughout the term of exhibiting at the Mardleybury Gallery. The winner of the The Stone Prize Award will pay for any costs from sourced opportunities associated with activities outside of exhibiting with Mardleybury Gallery.
Winners will agree to be guided by the Owner of Mardleybury Gallery in regards to the pricing structure of all artworks on display during the winning period awarded, this will based on local knowledge and their expertise in the field of selling art in a commercial gallery in the UK..