The Stone Award Prize Competition 2019 Rules
1. All artwork must have been created in the last two years prior to entry..
2. An entry fee of £25 for up to three entries must be paid to Mardleybury Gallery.
3. All artists must agree to the Terms and Conditions of entry.
4. Any artist reaching the 1st stage of the competition will need to send the artwork to Mardleybury Gallery for the 2nd and final stage of the judging.
5. In the event artists reach the 1st stage of the contest, the artist will be responsible for covering the costs of postage, packaging and insurance when sending the work to Mardleybury Gallery and cover the same costs for the returning of the artwork if needed.
6. The three prize winners chosen during the 2nd and final stage of the judging will be notified by email by 31 July 2019. All artists who had reached the the 2nd stage of judging and were not successful will receive an email on 31 July 2019 asking them to contact the Gallery arrange the return of all artwork.
7. During the time the artwork is stored at Mardleybury Gallery it will be covered by the insurance in place at the gallery.
8. Prizes won in this contest are not transferable.
9. All artists entering into this competition must be over 18. Winners will be asked to provide evidence of this prior any prizes being awarded.
10. Winning artists will be responsible for covering the costs of postage, packaging and insurance when sending the work to Mardleybury Gallery and cover the same costs for the returning of the artwork if needed throughout the term of exhibiting at the Mardleybury Gallery. The winner of the The Stone Prize Award will pay for any costs from sourced opportunities associated with activities outside of exhibiting with Mardleybury Gallery.
Winners will agree to be guided by the Owner of Mardleybury Gallery in regards to the pricing structure of all artworks on display during the winning period awarded, this will based on local knowledge and their expertise in the field of selling art in a commercial gallery in the UK..